|Home||Ship Show||Group Cruises||About|
2011 London International Ship Show
The 2011 London International Ship Show, will be held on Saturday 22nd October 2011 at the Royal National Hotel, 38-51 Bedford Way, WC1H 0DG, London.
2011 SHIP SHOW - Talks Programme
The Talks Programme will be held in the talks area off the main exhibition hall
Our theme this year is German cruise ships. Our first speaker provides a brief overview of the German cruise industry and our second, marking a significant event in the UK cruise ship world this year with the withdrawal in April of P&O’s ‘Artemis’, links it to our theme by introducing her in her new guise as ‘Artania’. Our last speaker provides an authoritative memory of the ‘Hamburg / Maxim Gorkiy’.
12.00 The German Cruise Fleet Today - Bill Mayes
Bill draws from his encyclopaedic knowledge of the cruise ship world (the 4th edition of Cruise Ships will be on sale outside the lecture room) to provide an overview.
Followed by: Artemis, the former Royal Princess - Sharon Poole
With co-author and photographer Andrew Sassoli-Walker, Sharon has produced a beautiful book to mark the end of the ship’s career with P&O. In this talk she will show how the ship has been transformed into ‘Artania’ by her new owners, Germany’s Phoenix Reisen. Both authors will be on hand to sign at the Mainmast stand after this talk.
14.00 Hamburg / Maxim Gorkiy - Dr Stefan Behn
Some of those fortunate enough to have sailed on this most beautiful of liners with the OLS on its group cruise in 2008 will have heard Stefan talk about the ship’s life at the cruise terminal in Bremerhaven. Now we can all enjoy it as he brings the story to its close.
Cruise & Maritime Voyages Maritime Heritage Cruise
MARCO POLO Cruise P212 Ocean Liner Society Member Benefits
Cruise & Maritime Voyages have taken a table at the 2011 Ship Show and are offering members the following benefits
EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS for OLS Members that book this cruise at any time prior to sailing:
· 10% DISCOUNT from the published brochure fares in force at the time of booking. Currently until the end of November 2011 these are our SAVER fares which will be extended until that date. Savings represent a minimum of £53.50 pp (for cat.1 ) and range up to £165.50 (for cat DS). Of course, always subject to availability and our usual booking conditions apply. A deposit of £125.00 per person secures the booking.
· A SPECIALLY HOSTED COCKTAIL RECEPTION on board on an agreed date during the voyage.
· A SPECIAL MARITIME GIFT per cabin.
· PRIVATE BRIDGE VISIT for members during the voyage.
· ENGINE ROOM VISIT RAFFLE for members during the voyage.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS for members that attend the London Ship Show on 22nd October 2011 and book by 31st October 2011:
· LOW DEPOSIT of £50.00 per person to secure a booking
· AN UPGRADE OF CABIN CATEGORY by one grade (ie pay for cat 8 and be accommodated in cat 9). Valid for categories 1 to 11.
· INCLUSIVE CAR PARKING at Tilbury or RETURN COACH TRANSFER between London Victoria and Tilbury.
2010 London International Ship Show
Who is exhibiting at the show?